Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Unexpected

I’m not as emotional as I thought I would be. Haven’t cried a drop yet. But that might change.

I get the hick ups a lot more… and unfortunately, they usually induce my gag reflex. So it goes something like this… hick up-gag… hick up-gag… and so on. It’s not fun.

I’m burping way more than I used to.

Everything smells horrid. I had heard about smell aversions, but I never thought it would happen to me. Even little Ozzie smells awful, though he’s probably way past due for a bath. I’m researching personal air fresheners I can take with me everywhere. I’m just glad I’m not commuting on NJ Transit. Even when I wasn’t pregnant, there were smells on that train that I have not forgotten.

Time seems to be creeping by. I do everything in my power to get through a day and I wake up and it’s the same thing, kind of like ground hog’s day. I can only imagine once this nausea subsides, I’ll have a whole new symptom that will take over my life.

I thought I would really enjoy pregnancy. Boy was I mistaken. Hopefully things will change. Once we actually see who’s in there making me so sick.

No comments: