Thursday, August 7, 2008

Causiously Feeling Better

I’m almost afraid to admit I actually feel better. I’m afraid because last time I told people I was feeling better I immediately got sick again, and that time it got even worse! So, I cautiously inform you that I’m feeling better today, and am keeping the thought in my head that at any moment I could in fact get sick again… but praying that this will last at least a few days. I want my life back, I want some energy, I want to feel like myself again.

I’m taking advantage of my new found settled stomach to eat some well balanced meals: today, peanut butter toast breakfast, cheese and crackers for a snack, London broil for lunch. See the trend… protein! It’s working for me.

The cafeteria where I work actually makes really good food. I’ve worked at many hospitals, and nothing they served could even compare with the cuisine that CSH in Mountainside serves everyday. I often don’t cook dinner during the week because Frank’s working and it really doesn’t make sense to cook just for me. So I have a nice meal for lunch at work and then snack at home or have a frozen dinner. Sometimes I even bring home food from the cafeteria for Frank – he loves it too!

Today is national Miracle Treat Day at Dairy Queen. Buy a blizzard and all the proceeds go to Children’s Miracle Network, which CSH is a beneficiary of. Hey – all the more reason to enjoy a frosty, creamy, sweet treat. I have a date with LeeAnn, my neighbor, and her two kids. If I’m feeling up to it by the end of the day. We’ll see.

No comments: