Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Waiting Game

Feeling really tired today. Can hardly keep my eyes open. Frank had me stay up late last night because he realized I’d never seen Braveheart. And he says, “It’s a love story…” sure, with beheadings and blood everywhere. I stayed up for an hour, and then was out like a light.

We’re in the ‘wait and see’ phase of our adventure… Of course I’m feeling a little nauseous, tired, and crampy. I think my nose is working over time knowing that pregnant women have a very sensitive nose. I also read that pregnant women drool a lot more… Isn’t that gross?! And of course I caught myself on one occasion taking note of my mouth secretions.

I know it’s all in my head. There’s no way we could have gotten it right on the first try. At my age, we have a 25% change of conceiving each month… So despite my best efforts on timing, I figure we’ll hit the bull’s eye by the fourth month - September. I’ve been trying really hard not to get my hopes up. I keep talking myself out of this improbable possibility.

Not much going on this week – just keeping the garden alive through this heat wave… and waiting.

No comments: