Monday, June 2, 2008

Baby steps

Ok. So if you ask me, we’re officially trying. But if you ask my darling husband, he doesn’t want to talk about it; at great length anyway. I get one or two sentences out of him on the subject then he clams up. But hey, it’s a baby step in the right direction.

I have found myself having to bite my tongue on several occasions. When I want to tell him about something I learned in one of my books, or when I want to tell him about what I should or shouldn’t be eating… there will be plenty of time for that later.

I'm hoping all of my research and reading has paid off and I know enough about my cycle to ensure we hit the mark in the next few months. So far so good – all signs point to ovulation and we have a 25 percent chance on conceiving each month. Not sure I like those odds, but it’s as good as they get when you’re pushing thirty.

I’m turning 30 on June 22… I keep telling myself I’m turning 29 again. I’m having a hard time dealing with another decade under my belt. Let’s hope I can focus on starting a new chapter in my life once I hit the big three-o.

No comments: