Thursday, November 6, 2008

Twenty Weeks

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).See what your baby looks like this week. (Or see what fraternal twins look like in the womb this week.)

Wow – Half way to the finish line! Feeling really good. Still getting sick every morning like clock work. Hastings, my kitty, has gotten in the habit of following me into the bathroom to watch… strange I know.

I had a stranger notice I was pregnant last weekend! That was exciting. A man at the Hyundai service center asked it “it” was our first, and I wasn’t sure what he was talking about, but then it clicked! Oh, okay, he meant the baby!

We have another ultrasound today. The doc wanted to get a better look at the heart to make sure everything was ok. I did some research on my end and it turns out that it’s really difficult to view all for chambers of the heart in moms-to-be with a little extra padding. So waiting a few more weeks and doing another ultrasound is standard procedure. But wish us luck anyway. I am starting to worry, but I’m sure we’re fine!

Just found out some very exciting news. My brother, St. John and his wife Linden are expecting their first baby!

They just told our parents this morning and I believe the baby’s due in May. I haven’t heard from the proud parents to be just yet, but I heard through the grape vine that they’re having a boy! We are well on our way to a full basket ball team! With my other brother Mike and his wife Chrisi also expecting – all the women in our family are knocked up! Accept for my mom of course! Mike and Chrisi will find out their baby’s gender on November 19.

This is so great. So far all the mommies are healthy and doing well. All the babies will be born within three months of each other. So in one year we went from one grand child to five, with the addition of Thomas, Mike’s new two year old step-son. My mom and step-dad Dave are on cloud nine!

No comments: