Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First Haircut

We took Dominick in for his first haircut Saturday, March 20. This was a week over due since Daddy was working through a case of that horrible stomach virus when we planned to go the week before last. We rescheduled for last Sat and glad we did. I think I needed a few more days to get used to the idea that my little baby is growing up.

The first haircut is a huge milestone and I thought for sure I’d be sad about it. But when we got Dominick in his little four-wheeler barber chair, he grabbed the wheel like a champ and away he went down the forever road of reaching milestones and end of this important first. I wasn’t sad, but happy to be sharing this special moment with my husband.

I didn’t think Dominick would cry. He’s such a happy go lucky type of kid. Nothing fazed him. He was just more interested in looking around than sitting still. We went to All about Kids and Teens, in Clark. The woman that cut his hair, Donna, was great. She was very nice and just went with the flow. She knew exactly when to cut and when not to.
She asked, “how short do you what it?”

Frank says, “Buzz it!”

I say, “Make it look like he didn’t have a haircut.”

She smiles and says, “I see we have a difference of opinion, I’ll listen to the boss,” as she winks at me.

Here are a few pictures from our visit.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

So cute! He looked like a pro. I am resisting cutting Cameron's hair but I figure I can play the long haired little girl card and put it off for many many more months (if not years!).

wife.mom.nurse said...

oh my gosh! What a great place to get a kids haircut.

I appreciate that nice comment :)

Thank God that the woman at your hospital did the right thing!