Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thirteen Weeks

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.
This is the last week of the first trimester. Thank God!

I’ve been counting down the days until the beloved second trimester with its extra boost of energy and hopefully some relief from this 24/7 nausea. I felt a little better last week, and thought I was on the road a settled stomach, but then – wham! It hit me full strength on Wednesday. I even went home from work around noon. I got home, tried to eat a little bit and literally slept from noon until 5 p.m. Then went back to sleep around 8 p.m. This little one must be going through a growth spurt because it’s sucking every bit of energy from me.

I think I may have over done it on Tuesday with an event at the hospital with the Giants then an evening networking party. Too much for this preggo. I’m gearing up for a big weekend. We have a family event on Saturday (see below) and a Giants game on Sunday that is dedicated to Children’s Specialized Hospital! Of course I’m going! It’s an all day thing, so wish me luck.

Not sure if I shared the wonderful news that my brother, Mike, and his girlfriend are also expecting a baby! Mike and Chrisi are expecting their little one on April 7; just about two weeks after we’re due. We are very excited for the newest addition and are so thankful that our little one will have a new cousin so close in age. Chrisi has a two year old from a previous marriage, named Thomas and Mike has Zach who turns four in November. So in one year, we’re quadrupling the number of grandkids! My mom is on cloud nine! Mike and Chrisi are having a small wedding ceremony this Saturday and the family is looking forward to sharing this special day with them.

More good news – Frank’s cousin Jennifer and her husband Jon are expecting their second baby! Jennifer is due March 15 – just a week before me. I had seen Jenn a few times during the late summer and my pregnancy meter was going off, but I just kept quiet. Jenn and Jon like to wait until the end of the first trimester to share the news. Frank’s family is very close with Jennifer and her family so it is such a blessing to have these babies all with in the same year – practically the same month! Reese, Jennifer’s two year old, will be the queen bee with all her new playmates!

I’m just starting to feel uncomfortable in my regular clothes. Pants are a little snug around the waist and I might have to start thinking about maternity clothes. Maternity clothes have come a long way and are now very fashionable and comfortable! I know plenty of moms-to-be that wear them before they really need them, just because they’re so comfortable. I also know moms that wear them for months after the baby is born… if I do that – please do stage in intervention. In a nice way of course!

Looking forward to the second trimester!

No comments: