Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

Ok – still no news. No change in plans to start trying. I am, however approaching the big three-o…oh boy… in less than thirty days. This clock is ticking, but I know I have to be patient and we BOTH need to be ready.

We had a lovely Memorial Day party at our house. We had Frank’s parents over, his Aunt Gen, Uncle Ed, cousins Edward and Jennifer and Jen’s husband John with their daughter Reese. Reese will be two in August and is just talking up a storm! Well, in her own little language of course. She is adorable, and knows it.

Frank manned the grill and we did the usual hamburgers, hot dogs and sausage. Frank’s mom was a big help. Frank and I were both exhausted by the time the party rolled around. We both had spent the entire weekend getting the house ready. We cleaned the deck, planted our annuals and cleaned the house from top to bottom. We both agreed that the house looked great and we should keep it like this more often! I guess it’s all part of growing up – keeping a neat and clean house.

But it’s funny how Frank and I differ on our definitions of clean. Clean to Frank is a pile of dirty dishes that isn’t growing any mold yet… Clean to me is being able to walk around bear foot and not getting black socks. I don’t think men and women see the world the same way. I look around the kitchen and see 10 things I can clean up… Frank looks around the kitchen for any obstacles in his path to whatever he needs. We’ve both decided to make a conscious effort to keep the house clean. Let’s see who keeps up their end of the bargain… without nagging the other to do their’s.

No comments: